16 January 2009

The Day the Redskins' Super Bowl Hopes and Dreams Died (The Jim Zorn Story)

Dear Jim Zorn,

Isn't it funny that the two teams heading for the NFC Championship were both beaten by the Redskins? I think it's funny. I laugh myself to sleep every night thinking about how great we were at the beginning of the season and how things ended up.

And that's what I'd like to get into now: what changed, Zorn? The best explanation that I've heard, and repeated to anyone who'll stand and talk to me for more than two minutes at a time, is that after our first loss to the Giants, you let Jason Campbell call more audibles on the field and have more control. Then when the guys started winning those games (and getting JINXED by the media who was finally recognizing the 'Skins' awesomeness), you decided that if Jason Campbell can call a play, anyone can do it! Including you! So then you started calling all the plays from the sidelines and the Redskins started losing. I'm going to write a song about it one day, entitled, "The Day the Redskins' Super Bowl Hopes and Dreams Died (Because of Jim Zorn's Plays);" this won't be a funny song, Coach...nor rhymeable (assuming that's a word).

I don't know if this is the true story, but I like it. It paints Jason Campbell in a nice light and it puts all the blame where it belongs: on you. Aw, don't cry; I do like you, Jim Zorn. I think that you might even be a much better coach next season. You'll have to be; Dan Snyder doesn't keep losers on his team.

Have a great weekend!

Karen

No comments: